Important changes to Household Waste Collection in Georgetown
Council seeks your support and help in the continued successful collection of household waste in Georgetown. Residents can help in the ongoing efficient collection of household waste through following a few simple rules:
- Don’t over fill your bin as this causes problems in emptying bins with truck mechanism and can also attract birds which pull rubbish out of bins
- Bin lids should be closed properly at all times
- Break up or squash bulky items such as cardboard boxes before putting in bin
- Bins must be placed at kerb or edge of bitumen roadway for collection
- Items on the ground beside the bins will not normally be picked up
- Due to council now permanently using the green garbage truck bins should be placed with pull handles/lid hinge facing the road
For Georgetown residents green waste can be deposited at the green waste area at the Georgetown Landfill on the Forsayth Road. In the future, the green waste at the tip will be converted to mulch for use in the town.
Thank you for your continued help and support.
Etheridge Shire Council